Start your healthcare career as an Emergency Medical Technician with SawTooth Emergency Medical Institute. The EMT is a front-line, entry-level healthcare provider, who is often the first to provide medical assistance to citizens suffering a medical emergency or traumatic injury.
EMT certification is required for careers in the Emergency Medical Services. It also increases your opportunity to obtain positions as Lifeguards, Fire Fighters, Search and Rescue, Ski Patrol, Hospital Technicians and there are many other career options. EMT certification and work experience are required for those seeking Paramedic training. It is also a good foundation before furthering your medical training as many doctors, nurses, and other healthcare providers began their careers as EMTs.
February 2, 2021 – April 29, 2021 Click HERE to register
**Class will be held on Tuesday/Thursday evenings from 6:00pm to 10pm.**
To register select the above link or contact us at 208-209-3777 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Program cost: $1650.00
- Tuition includes course instruction, clinical site training, Polo shirt and NREMT practical exam. There is a $100.00 Non-refundable registration/ equipment fee if the student drops the course.
- Tuition: $1350.00
- Books: Textbook and Workbook: $300.00
Student fees NOT included in tuition:
- Background check: $65.00
- Drug testing: $45.00
- Stethoscope and blood pressure cuff: ~ $50-100 Must have these particular items by second class period.
- For more information about choosing the right stethoscope: https://emttrainingstation.com/best-stethoscopes/
For payment plans please contact us at 208-209-3777 or at email@example.com
NAEMT offers educational grants for EMS programs. for more information or to apply click here.
- American Heart Association BLS healthcare provider CPR certification is a requirement. STEMI offers this certification. If you need this certification, we will offer a class for EMT students at a discounted price. Please let us know if you need to schedule this class.
- Background check: $65.00. Student is responsible for this cost.
- This must be done before the start of class.
- Go to chu.dhw.idaho.gov
- The State EMS Agency ID # is 1350
- STEMI Agency ID # is 13480
- Clinical requirements for each student will be scheduled during the course. All clinicals are scheduled with agencies in Ada, Canyon and Payette County. If you would like to schedule clinical time with an agency outside of those locations this can be arranged but it must be done with cooperation between the outside agency and STEMI. Please let us know if you are interested in this option at the beginning of your EMT course.
- STEMI will provide the NREMT psychomotor testing at the conclusion of the course as part of the cost of tuition.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon successful completion, STEMI students will:
- Integrate Academic and Technical Skills
- Practice Problem Solving and Critical Thinking Skills
- Communicate and Collaborate with Diverse Audiences
- Demonstrate Creativity and Innovation
- Act as Responsible, Ethical Citizens
- Develop Personal, Educational and Career Goals
Following successful completion of the EMT program, you will be eligible to take the National Registry written exam (National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians – NREMT). You will also be eligible to become licensed as an EMT through the State of Idaho upon affiliation with a licensed agency.
Prices may be subject to change.